Plus, I want to keep up with these posts because I find that they are little digital memory keepers for me and so fun to look back on.
Anyway, here's what we've been up to:
- I absolutely love the chocolate + chia seed banana bites--I actually just finished them off a few days ago and need to make some more! Here's the recipe/directions :)
- These last few weeks I've got spoiled (and so has the little one) with showers, gifts, and lots of love! My in-laws got this cake for the family shower--isn't it adorable?
- Jesus. Paid. It. All. Amen.
- Not only have the cankles/swollen feet made an appearance, but they have now become a bit over the top (literally). In fact, I wore flip flops (like the ugly foam kind!) to work all week because I l could not get my squeeze my feet into any other shoes. I definitely felt weird wearing flip flops with dress slacks :) Of course, today, when I don't go into work, my feet look perfectly normal. Oh well!
- I baked bread. It was therapeutic. Plus, it smells good.
- After I fell, I had to sit in bed all day (doctor's orders) so I worked on a little something for the nursery. The nursery is about 95% done, and I can't wait to show it to you!
- My sweet parents sent me get-well (don't fall again!) flowers.
- Oh, there's me--with my diaper ice pack. Thankfully, my bruises are almost gone!
- We've been trying to soak up these last few weeks of quiet and undisturbed mornings. I know they'll be a lot harder to come by in a few weeks.
- I celebrated my 28th birthday! One of the activities--getting my free Starbuck's drink :)
- My sweet man got me some tulips for my birthday and I'm still looking at them! Don't tulips make it feel like Spring?
- Did I tell you that I have awesome and giving friends who let you borrow baby gear? Well, I do! I've been staring at this swing for about a week now and thinking of the little one who will soon be snoozing in it. Unfortunately, Mac is not so sentimental and gets a little freaked when it rocks...we're working on that....
- Oh, and there is my sweet pup who has no clue that his little life is about to be majorly disturbed. Any ideas to help make the transition a little less stressful for him (which makes it less stressful for us!)???
I hope that you all have a great weekend!!