(um...not even sure...maybe a Halloween costume from 1999?? ps. I was wearing a wig!)
Today I'm turning 28.
Years ago, when I thought about what my life would look like at 28, I imagined two kids in tow, a working husband, and a cozy home. Of course, I would also be size six, be stylish, and have perfect hair--not be 9 months pregnant, have swelling feet, and a bad haircut!
Life looks a lot differently than I thought would, but honestly, I am so thankful + happy about where I am today.
I have a hard-working and loving husband, a sweet baby boy on the way, and enjoy where we are. I look forward to the new season coming but am also trying to soak in the last few weeks of this one--the season of just the two of us.
So, I thought it would be fun to share a list of 28 things about me--especially at the end of this season without babies (out of the womb!). Some are new and some are old--it's just a snapshot of who I am/was right now. At 28.
Here we go:
1. I can't remember the last time I didn't drink coffee in the morning. Although I typically drink 95% decaf in the morning, I love the ritual of coffee in the morning.
2. I was voted "Most Random" in high school. And if you know me or have followed this blog for a while, you know that this is probably still true :)
3. I climbed a volcano while I lived in Guatemala. Despite what people might tell you, it wasn't very fun. I honestly thought that I was going to blow over and roll down the lava rock! Maybe that's how I'll feel when I'm pushing this baby out...
4. I went to school for Spanish and Teaching English as a Second Language, but sometimes I wish I would've become a nurse--if I could handle the whole vomit thing...
5. I know that chevron is a trend, but honestly, I'm not a huge fan. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
6. I got Dengue fever while I lived in Guatemala. It was not cool.
7. I don't hate being pregnant, but it's not my favorite. I think that having this baby in my arms is what I'm really looking foward to!
8. I pick my nails, and it drives Josh nuts.
9. I don't mind cleaning the bathroom, but I really don't like to sweep. at. all. And my floors are prime evidence!
10. I'm stubborn and I like my way--first-born all the way! Of course, as I mature, I'm learning how to be less selfish and self-seeking, but honestly, it's not my first response.
11. I am very messy in the kitchen, and I don't like cleaning up as I go. I should really start trying because by the time I finish up the meal/item I am too lazy to clean up!
12. When I got the chicken pox as a kid, I only picked the scabs off my belly because I thought no one would ever know. Well, I guess I wasn't looking too far into the future ;)
13. I always wish I was more stylish but have trouble knowing how to be trendy and cute. Plus, I have a hard time spending money on clothes/accessories.
14. I could eat chips and salsa every day and be happy.
15. I'm pretty apathetic about most political things. I don't like bickering about it all--especially when it's on Facebook :)
16. Even though I'm an introvert, I am very talkative. In fact, I've been working (for years!) to curb my "chatty pattiness." It's something I really want to work on because I can easily dominate a conversation if I'm not careful--learning to become a better listener is hard!
17. I like marshmallows in my popcorn. You should try it!
18. I have a double chin, and I've always been self-conscience about it!
19. I love to read. If I get into a good book, I could sit in bed all day and be a happy camper :)
20. I'm pretty much blind. And I always feel like I can't hear when I can't see...it's weird. I know.
21. I'm not competitive at all. So, let's just say that tennis wasn't the best sport for me ;)
22. I've been in many musicals but usually played a more "matronly" character--including the queen in Cinderella, a nun in Sound of Music, and the mom in Footloose.
(that was one hefty necklace!)
23. I love making lists--even if I don't do everything on them. I actually like to spend time writing things down in my calendar.
24. I can be really, really dorky. Just ask my husband.
25. I am running out of things about me. Does that count?
26. I can be very patient about certain things, but incredible impatient about others. And I often have a hard time focusing on one thing for an extended period of time. I think I'm good at many things, but not really good at much of anything :)
27. I've written many poems, but there is one that I'd really like to make into a children's book. Any interested illustrators?
28. Today I'm turning 28 and really looking forward to all that this year will hold for me!