If I could use one word to describe life lately, I would say that it is has been full. Full. Full. Full. We've had Luke's surgery and post-op appointments in Austin, TX (which is a two hour trip each way for us) and we have another one next week. Let's just say that I was so thankful for strong coffee on those mornings that we were trekking out at 6 am to make our early morning appointment! And I've been thankful for times to rest (and caffeine!) during these past weeks too. Teething + surgery does not equal a blissfully sleeping baby during the night-time ;)
Honestly, these past weeks have been an adjustment for us. When you live by a school-driven schedule for years, it's so strange to not organize our life around Josh's classes. I have gone back to work part-time and am enjoying having a little bit of routine back into my world. Although I love being home and making my own routine, I do better when I have a little structure in my day. So, although it's been a transition, it's been good (apart from feeling like I'm pumping all the time!). Plus, I know that Luke and Josh are enjoying some mommy-free time ;)
Between the new and the not-new, there are have been lots of other little sweet things like:
- Extra cuddles with my boy,
- re-energing with green smoothies (they really do help!)
- after appointment Starbucks dates
- taking walks
- making Saturday soups + homemade crusty bread (I use this recipe from Lindsay Kubly. It is amazing good and ridiculously easy)
- launching the ebook (thank you so much to those who have grabbed a copy!). You can read some reviews/thoughts about it Journey Mercies and The Perfect Catch Blog.
- getting pictures of my sweet boy texted to me by Josh while I'm away
- making overnight oats again :) This week I made
- Mexican Hot Chocolate (1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, sprinkle of chia seeds, 1 tsp cocoa powder, dash of cinnamon, dash of cayenne, and a sprinkle of espresso powder). I haven't tried this one yet, so we'll see ;)
- Carrot Cake (1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, sprinkle of chia seeds, dash of cinnamon, 1/4 cup grated carrots, pinch of cloves, about a tbsp coconut flakes, and some raisins too.
- Candy Bar (1/2 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup almond milk, sprinkle of chia seeds, 1 tsp of peanut butter, a few dark chocolate chips, a tbsp of coconut flakes)
What have you been up to lately?
Curious about those overnight oats...you just mix it all together and let it soak overnight? And it's good?ReplyDelete