1) It snows
2) It goes below 10 degrees
Even though I still feel strange picking out a Christmas tree in a t-shirt, I've been learning how to better embrace the Christmas-spirit without the snow and chilly weather.
It helps to think of all the things that are unrelated to snow or snappy weather:
singing carols, drinking cider, making cookies, buying + wrapping gifts, remembering our Savior, picking out a tree + decorating it, enjoying the glittering lights on the tree, Christmas music in the shops, parties + hot chocolate, etc...
I still miss the flurries, but I'm not missing the festivities!
Onto the decorating...
Since I got rid of a lot of unused Christmas stuff after last Christmas, I opened our Christmas boxes and realized that our Christmas decor was a little lacking--oh, well :) I still managed to dress up the house a bit. I'll have to wait until after Christmas to pick up some more cute decor on sale :)
Let's take a little glimpse:
- A star glittering on the tree
- Vintage cracker tin in Spanish (two loves: vintage + spanish!)
- Fake fireplace crackling and cozy tree skirt (aka fuzzy blanket I rediscovered!)
- Santa in a tent
- Paper stars and hanging stockings
- Twinkling lights at night
- My sweet pup glowing in the light (he was probably waiting to snatch up a fuzzy ornament :)!)
It's not much, but it definitely is enough to help our home feel a little more cozy and festive!