Any other Parenthood fans out there?
Also, about 15 minutes ago, my dog got out of the yard. Our electrician left the gate open, and I didn't realize it. About 5 minutes after I put him out, I realized that he might have left the gate open and panicked. So, I checked and sure enough: no dog and gate open.
I ran out like a loony puppy mama and yelled hysterically. I didn't see him anywhere. Since he's a herder (as in will chase cars/bikers/runner), I was afraid he had chased a car to his death or twenty miles down the road. Thankfully, I noticed him about 5 houses down and yelled out. He ran like a crazy, happy, free, thinking this-is-so-fun...towards me. But, like usual, he bolted away just as soon as he got close.
Such a fun game to play your dog could literally be a car away from death.
Actually. It wasn't.
So, I tore inside and got out the goodies. In the case of life or death, I am not afraid to bride my dog.
By this time, he had ran across the road two or three times and was busy sniffing the neighbors fence. I showed him the treats, but he was still having way too much fun playing "I'm-free-and-I'll-party-if-I-want-to..." Finally, he came towards me long enough to snatch his collar. I picked him up and told him he was NEVER to do that again!
I'm still shaking a bit. One of my greatest fears with owning a dog is watching them get run over or watching them run away.
Mac has been "free" a few times and each time he ends up okay. I'm just thankful that I noticed the gate right away. If I hadn't, he's probably be in Dallas by now. Or peeing on garbage cans ten feet from our house. Who knows!
Anyway, apart from Mac giving me a slight heart stop, this week has been pretty good! It was busy, but still good :)
This week I...
- Wanted to lounge like Mac. Goodness, to sleep all day...
- Captured my shadow on the last hot day before coolness arrived
- Caught Josh sleeping away...allergies have been bad around here!
- Tried to take a picture of the shy (yeah, right!) girl that I babysit for. So dramatic!
- Ate ice cream. It's a rare treat in our house, but I love it sooooo much :)
- Enjoyed rainy and cooler days...and the yellow leaves on the ground. Fall come soon!
- Got the stink eye from Mac. Sometimes he makes such crabby faces :)
How was your week? How is this one going?