Sweet Simplicity: Blackberry Apple Spread
This simple spread is wonderfully sweet and simple to make. I love spreading mine on warm toast just popped from the toaster or added to yogurt and granola :)
- 6 oz blackberries
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- In a small saucepan, cook blackberries and apples on low/medium heat until blackberries are breaking down and apples are soft (about 7-8 minutes).
- Place blackberries and apples into a blender and blend the mixture until smooth.
- Return to saucepan and add chia seeds and honey.
- Warm for another 2-3 minutes and pour into a jar.
- Keep refrigerated for up to two weeks.