The tight-pants monster has made an appearance...
I think that there's a monster who stows away in my closet. Or maybe he lives in the kitchen? Actually, he's probably lounging in the sugar canister!
He secretly goes around and makes all my pants a little snug with fairy sugar dust and a happy wand. He usually visits after I've been on a haphazard schedule or sitting on the couch too much.
I don't like it when he comes to visit because I have to do that thing where you jiggle your arms and do some dance moves to get him to leave. If that doesn't work, I have to leave a trail of chocolate out the front door and only stock veggies in the fridge. He hates vegetables!
In all seriousness, my pants are getting a little snug--like I-have-two-options snug:
1. Buy bigger pants
2. Lose some inches
I have a rule--
1. Don't do number one.
2. The only exception to number one is if I've got a bun in the oven (which I don't!)
I get to this point every once in a while and realize that I've got to rearrange some eating habits and at least make an effect to work-out a little. Otherwise, I'll start to have nightmares about Jillian Michaels coming to visit.
Honestly, I'm not sure what would be worse--Jillian or the tight-pants monster.
Here's my list of 10 ways that I will chase out the tight-pants monster and restore some healthy habits around here.
1. Eat more veggies.
2. Pre-make healthy and yummy lunches so that I don't grab something unhealthy in my laziness
3. Avoid processed food
4. Avoid high fructose corn syrup and refined sugars
5. Eat filling and nutritious snacks
6. Try more vegan/vegetarian meals
7. Work-out and enjoy it!
8. Be creative and try creating new, healthy recipes or adapting old ones into healthier ones
9. Challenge myself to eat well and spend well (cooking healthy, yet affordable meals)
10. Be thankful for the body I have and strive to improve it, not perfect it.
So, in lieu of all of this, be prepared for a slew of healthy recipes coming your way. Also, I've been painting again--I hope to show you the pieces soon :)
ps. anyone else have any tips for me? Or any sites with yummy and healthy recipes?